XLPE Insulated heavy duty cables Miracle Cables started manufacturing in 2010, these cables have overcome the limitations of Pvc Insulated cables such as Thermal degradation, poor moisture resistance and thermoplastic
The advantages of XLPE Insulated cables in comparison to Pvc insulated cables are as under:
These cables are suitable to use on AC single phase or three phase (earthed or unearthed) system for rated voltage up to and including 1100Volts. These cables also use for DC systems for rated voltage up to
and including 1500Volts to earth.
* Higher Current rating and Short circuit rating approx. 1.2times of pvc cables.
* Thermosetting Properties.
* High resistance to moisture.
* High Insulation resistance 1000 times more than pvc cables.
* Good resistance to surge current.
* Less dielectric losses.
* Good resistance to chemicals, oils, fluids.
* Operating temperature 90ºC and Short Circuit temp 250ºC.
* Density of XLPE is lower than PVC.